Friday, January 28, 2011

Sydney hot spots: first contact




My adventurous wit (quoting ourselves in the introductory chapter) could not be more alive and untamed. I am perhaps the most excited tourist in Sydney with the longest VISA (like some restaurants whose sign displays “probably the best pizza in town”: nobody can sue them, they up front stated it is nothing certain, just brilliant!).
My second week end begins where the previous ended: Bondi beach, yeah!... yes I know I could sound boring as there are 51 beaches in Sydney but a new element enters the Australian equation: 2 Italian friends accidentally in town! As they are staying close to Bondi, going there would have meant spend some time in good company.
Guys the sun BURNS you alive. I am using a suncreme protection level 30 which is strong enough (I even have the impression I didn't get that much tanned) but you can see from the pictures what happened to areas left neglected... in the example pic you can see my “vaginal-breast” area (as friends correctly spotted due to the disposition of my hairs) in flames :-)))
The sequence of pictures speak by themselves, just to give you an indication of what I visited (check it out on a map of Sydney on google to keep track of my tourist path): starting from Hyde Park north I saw Victoria square, St. Mary cathedral (again), the Domain (a huge green area), the Art Gallery displaying an exihibition of the terracotta soldiers of Xian (and I had to think of my buddy Polifemo who was in Xian with me last July) the Botanical gardens, Farm Cove, I met a group of Aussies I tried to hang around with to no avail :-P, I met the first spiders (!), checked out another gorgeous and cheap open air swimming pool facing Woolloomooloo bay (are you following me on the map?!), and of course the stunning Opera House. In fron of it there was a bunch of people all dressing in a wide variety of colours: at first I was amazed, then I thought of a gay pride, but when I saw couples and families I was puzzled :-S so I asked a couple standing there and they said it was an even related to the exihibition of that night of a certain Jimmy Buffet “In USA they have pic-nics before a concert...we Aussies go on a ferry!” Australia – USA 1:0
I dropped the idea of an ice cream as it would have cost me half salary and set into my mind to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge! Not knowing where to start I entered a shop whose slogan was “For the climb of your life!” and asked information. They said that the cost was 200 bucks! O-o My capacity in keeping a deadpan face was Oscar Award worth “Thank you! When is the next climb? Oh what a pity, it's too late, I'll go get a bottle of water and I'll be right back :-)” I have a new slogan: “don't do the climb of your life, ruuuuuuuun for your wallet!” In short the climb was up to the top, whereas I climbed the stairs and walked along the bridge along the cars.
I have uploaded the bulk of the pictures in picasa, so please click here the link below and ...the judgement is up to you!


http://picasaweb.google.com/100150794465719272442/SydneyHotSpotsFirstWeeks?authkey=Gv1sRgCJzr1YfUuu7xVg&feat=directlink#

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are amazing (I'M JEALOUS!!!)
    and the story of the brigde.. ahah your philosophy made me laugh a loooot!!.
    Btw, Luca you are always surrended by girls ;)

    ReplyDelete