Sunday, July 17, 2011

1 Sunny day, 1 Sydney area – project: Pyrmont




In a very enthusiastic mood and in a particularly energized physical status I came up with a new “project”: besides the main one that is of taking over the world (and I am slowly getting there), I decided to visit a different area of Sydney whenever the sun is shining!

I thought I sealed a fair deal with myself, as being winter, I would have not too many sunny days.

I thought.

In fact this winter looks more like a spring! Argh.

Like one of my flatmates told me the other day: “Every morning I wake up and I so firmly hope to see a cloudy day so I would have a right to complain and a justification to be down and not enthusiastic...it never happens! The sun is always there, fuck!”

However, today's destination folks is Pyrmont! On the south side of the Sydney Harbour, from the nationwide famous Darling Harbour you just need to cross the bridge walking west and you'll find yourself in Pyrmont.




This neighbourhood is small in size, and although so incredibly close to Sydney's real heart, is paradoxically quiet.


It contains schools, social centers, many tiny parks which are better described as green areas, and several wharfs all along its coast.









Something that strikes me the most along the Sydney bay, is that you get to see the artificial splendor of the CBD (Central Business District) in all its colourful beauty from an almost endless variety of viewpoints, and from Pyrmont it is equally majestic.

In my walks (I went there twice) I saw the typical terraced house, I saw a man playing with his remotely controlled airplane, dreamed looking at all the boats.





In the social centre I surprisingly stumbled upon a “laughter class”: people in circle would play silly games just to force themselves to laugh loud; everybody knows that laughing is a good therapy, Sydney people put it into structured practice!



Palms could not miss and reading a book (uuuh!! american secrets revealed!!) watching the sunset is just so cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment