Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MY NEW ROOM IN CITY CENTER!




Due to the relocation package I had a room in a very nice hotel granted for the first month in Sydney.

I was staying in Chatswood, a quiet neighbourhood with a buzzying asian community and close to North Ryde, where I work.

But being without a car I must rely to public transports with trains closing down at 1:30 am on weekends, meaning no party...almost like Clooney's ad for Martini.

So city center is the only option! ;-)

I am staying in Darlinghurst 5 minutes walk away from Hyde Park, it's the room closest to city centre I found!

It's in a terrace house old style with several pieces of furniture in wood.

The room is very appealing with a queen size bed, a couch, a 42” LCD TV, a chimney (!!).

There are 5 rooms for a total of 6 people, I wanted a busy house to mingle more easily. I got one italian, 2 germans, 1 american and one newzealandish (?).

Outside we have a little court but not only, also a toilet!!! Actually my toilet because my room is at the ground floor and other rooms go the other toilet at the first floor.

For this reason I kicked off a new sport: kung fu against mosquitos who find there their nest over night.

My commuting times to get to work are almost precisely 2 hours a day including 15 minutes walk to Town Hall station, 30 minutes train spell and 10 minutes walk to reach the office.

Last night to cut time and efforts I bought a razor or scooter or monopattino depending if you are american, australian or italian. So imagine, Luca with shirt and tie darting through Hyde Park in the morning to get to work...wow it's good fun!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment